NOTICE REGARDING CRIMINAL CONVICTION- BACKGROUND CHECKS AND REGISTRY SCREENINGS
Safety is a priority in District 129 schools. As such, all potential volunteers and resource persons are subject to the following screenings:
1) Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Website and the Illinois Sex Offender Registry to ensure the individual is not a “sex offender” as defined by the Sex Offender Registration Act
2) Illinois State Police’s Illinois Murderer and Violent Offenders Against Youth Registry to ensure the individual is not a “violent offender against youth” as defined in the Child Murder and Violent Offender Against Youth Registration Act
3) Criminal conviction background check that includes either a name check or fingerprint check as determined by the volunteering regularity/level of contact with students.
VOLUNTEER DISCLOSURE STATEMENT:
District 129 will make every reasonable effort to provide a safe learning environment for students working with volunteers. Therefore, the District requires the following assurances from potential volunteers and resource persons wishing to volunteer.
VOLUNTEER CODE OF CONDUCT:
Volunteers must abide by the following Code of Volunteer Conduct:
1) Confidential Information: I know that as a volunteer, I may witness or overhead information that is confidential with regard to a student or staff member. I agree not to divulge any information that pertains to student record information, including, but not limited to, academic performance, grades, attendance, discipline, and health information. This would also include personal information for both students and staff that would include address or phone numbers as well as any information learned about home life or family. I also agree not to share any information that is speculated or could be damaging to the character or reputation of a staff member or student. (Illinois School Student Records Act; Family Educational Right to Privacy Act).
2) District/School Rules: I agree to follow all policies, procedures and protocols with regard to student safety, discipline and school rules. This includes any specified dress code policy as referred to by the district or school administration. I agree to abide by the district/school policies designated for volunteers including signing in and out procedures, attendance and adhering to any restrictions placed on volunteer personnel. I agree to serve as a representative of the school in terms of attitude, demeanor and actions. I agree to only do what is in the best personal and educational interest of every child with whom I come into contact.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY:
I acknowledge that District 129 does not provide insurance coverage to me as a volunteer or resource person for any loss, injury, illness, death or damage resulting from my unpaid service to the District. I agree to assume all risk and to waive any and all claims against the district, its officers, School Board members, employees, agents or assigns, for any loss due to injury, illness, death or damage of any nature or kind arising out of my supervised or unsupervised service to the district.
- I am not a child sex offender.
- I have not been convicted of or plead guilty to a felony or misdemeanor (other than a traffic violation).
- I am willing to consent to a criminal conviction background check.
- The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services or a similar agency have never implicated me as a perpetrator of child abuse or neglect.