Case Monitoring Dashboard
Thank you for your patience as our website provider worked through an outage that affected our district’s website, including the case monitoring dashboard. New cases that developed over winter break were not added to the dashboard, as most students and staff members were out of our buildings. Any new cases reported on or after Thursday, January 6, 2022, have now been added to the totals. Here are a few other items to note:
- This dashboard includes the current number of cumulative COVID-19 positive cases reported since August 13, 2021.
- For reference, West Aurora School District 129 employs more than 1,700 staff members and serves nearly 12,000 students.
- The data table below is reflective of total cases. Therefore, if the staff member or student who tests positive is shared between buildings, he/she is only represented in the dashboard once.
- The data in the chart below references our staff and students who are isolating (or have isolated) at home due to a confirmed case of COVID-19. Isolation is a term used to refer to the period spent at home after COVID-19 symptom onset.
- What the data does not include are our staff and students who are quarantining (or have quarantined) at home due to close contact with an infected individual. Quarantine is a term used to describe the period spent at home after the most recent contact with the infectious individual. In the case that an individual under quarantine tests positive for COVID-19, he/she will then enter into isolation and that data will be added to the dashboard.
- Please keep in mind that SD129 maintains the dashboard in an effort to be transparent with our school community and not to fulfill a state nor federal mandate. The numbers below represent a simple tally of cases since the start of the school year. Should you be interested in viewing disaggregated COVID-19 data for our surrounding regions, here are some links to provide you access to that information:
- IDPH: Vaccine Administration Data
- Kane County COVID-19 Dashboard
- Illinois COVID Data by Zip Code